You can download IPSW files of the iOS 11.0.3. Apple has released a minor update, iOS 11.0.3 for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that fixes an issue where audio and haptic feedback would not work on some iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus smartphones. It also fixes an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone 6s displays because they were not services with genuine Apple parts. Other than that, there are no enhancements or introduction of features.
iOS 11.0.3 Download IPSW Direct Links:
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,1)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,2)
- iPhone 7 (iPhone9,3)
- iPhone 7 Plus (iPhone9,4)
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation)
- iPad (9.7-inch)
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) (1st generation)
- iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (1st generation)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
So if you or your friend got his iPhone screen damaged and they upgrade to this software, you will see a notification that they are using non genuine replacement display. Make sure to replace a damaged display with a genuine display otherwise you will be nagged with the aforementioned message.
One can buy counterfeit iPhone replacement display from popular Chinese websites that are selling them for as low as $50 which is three times less than what Apple charges you for replacement. However, Apple has been receiving complaints against these displays being unresponsive which forced the Cupertino giant to seed this update to the excising users.
If you bought a used iPhone from someone and you get such message, this means he got the display replaced with a counterfeit one.